An Introduction to the Organ and Hymn Playing (Eight Weeks)
This eight-week course (running the weeks of May 29 through July 24) provides an easy-to-understand introduction to the organ tailored to organists serving in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My Pathway to Hymn Playing publication will be the textbook for this course. These trios will form the basis for teaching organ technique and give students the confidence to for worship services.
- The class will meet once a week for one hour. Two sections will be offered: at noon Tuesday Central Time and Wednesday at 7:00 PM Central Time.
- Students will record played assignments and submit them before class so that I will have an opportunity to hear their playing.
- The class will meet together virtually to discuss specific concepts.
- I will then meet with each student one-on-one during the remainder of the class time to give specific comments and suggestions to help their playing.
- The last class will be a virtual recital featuring each student playing the organ trio of their choice!
Students will be able to contact me during the eight-week course to ask any questions they might have!